Welcome, Guest. Please Login
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  To join this Forum send an email with this exact subject line REQUEST MEMBERSHIP to bbcstaff@gmx.com telling us your connection with the BBC.
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
AL BARNETT Costume Assistant (Read 470 times)
Maggie

London W11
AL BARNETT Costume Assistant
May 29th, 2024, 10:42am

I just had a call from Al Barnett’s wife Jane to say that Al died peacefully, aged 92, in the early hours of this morning in a Care Home (IOW) where he had been for sometime.  He had been slowly drifting away, not eating and so on, so in some ways it is a blessed release. He had joined the BBC in 1962 so not many left who would remember this hardworking colleague.
Al had requested a burial, with his beloved dog’s ashes to go in with him, and Jane will see to all that. Jane has asked me to let you all know this news, and sincerely thanks everybody for the friendship shown during Al’s working years. We all had a lot of fun back in the day did we not!

IP Logged

Maggie

London W11
Re: AL BARNETT Costume Assistant
Reply #1 - Jun 8th, 2024, 9:22pm

I just had a call from Al Barnett’s wife Jane to say that Al died peacefully, aged 92, in the early hours of this morning in a Care Home (IOW) where he had been for sometime.  He had been slowly drifting away, not eating and so on, so in some ways it is a blessed release. He had joined the BBC in 1962 so not many left who would remember this hardworking colleague.
Al had requested a burial, with his beloved dog’s ashes to go in with him, and Jane will see to all that. Jane has asked me to let you all know this news, and sincerely thanks everybody for the friendship shown during Al’s working years. We all had a lot of fun back in the day did we not!

Funeral to be held 28th of June, at 2pm.
Whitwell village Church
Kemming Road, Whitwell,
Isle Of Wight
PO38 2QT

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print